Sodium bicarbonate is included in stock feed as a source of sodium or to act as a rumen buffer in ruminant feeds.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Ruminant feeds – include 10-20 kg per 1 tonne of finished feed. Introduce gradually as palatability problems may occur.
- For other species please seek nutritional advice. The sodium requirement by the animal and the existing level in the diet needs to be considered.
- Ensure free access to clean water.
TYPICAL CHEMICAL ANALYSIS
- Used as a rumen buffering agent to aid in pH control of the rumen.
- Minimising the occurrence of acidosis/grain poisoning.
- Used to supply the nutrient sodium as required in certain feeds.